I know I have a lot of little designers in the family, so I'd like your thoughts...
My kitchen cabinets are off-white colored. I'm putting black ceramic tiles on the counter. I was going to put tumbled white marble 2" squ tiles for the backsplash. But since my kitchen is in the center of the house, there are no windows in it. So I'm thinking I need a backsplash that is reflective. I was thinking about maybe doing the backsplash in black granite with a 4" pattern of 1" glass mosaic tiles at about the 75% point. OR, white subway tiles with the glass tile pattern. Thoughts? I have mostly stainless appliances. The other main colors in my house are sand, dk brown and blues. I thought of adding a splash of burgundy in the glass trim, but that's kind of a risk. Please post your ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The white subway tiles with the glass mosaic tiles get my vote. Is your kitchen open to other rooms in the house? If so you could do the burgundy tiles but you might need to add splashes of burgundy in the other rooms too. Like flowers, pillows, picture frames. Something small but that ties the colors together. Also adding splashes of the other rooms colors to the kitchen. If it isn't open to other rooms then I say go for the burgundy all the way!
Just my opinion, but remember that I haven't seen your home.
Bridget
Def. white subway tiles sorry to get back so late I love this stuff! I think I'm switching my major back to interior design. I would NOT do burgundy..it's always best to stick with neutrals when it comes to permenent fixtures in a house. White will go with everything and I've seen in a lot of white subway tiles in interior magazines lately.
Post a Comment