Saturday, August 2, 2008

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Wednesday, July 30th was Mom and Dad's 26th wedding anniversary! I am so disappointed that I didn't think of posting this on here last Wednesday. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I love this picture because the pastor is saying something to everyone and mom and dad are stealing a look at each other.
First kiss as husband and wife.
New little family.

Bride's cake. Groom's cake.
Dad suprised mom with a band for each side of her ring. I think it's beautiful. If I remember correctly, the wedding was at Grandma and Granddad's old house. Anyone remember that wallpaper?=)
Mom says that the first time I met dad I told her that I liked his hair.=) Now I like his head. And at some point in the courting phase of their relationship I am quoted as to have said, "Mom, you be the mom, Ted, you be the dad, and I'll be the little kid." I'm so glad they took my advice!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Cool pictures Brigett, I'm glad you put them on even if they are late. And yes it was at Grandma & Grandads house on 34th street. The preacher looks like a little boy himself, I don't remember who he was.

Vicki said...

I think Ted knew that preacher guy from somewhere. He lived in OKC or Tulsa or somewhere, and got lost finding the house and was VERY late to the wedding. I think for quite a while we thought we wouldn't have a wedding because there was no preacher. But he finally showed up and all was well.

Babione 6 said...

The preacher was a fraternity brother of dad's. That's all I know. I don't remember the running late part.=)