Monday, January 5, 2009

In case anyone was wondering what the Williams clan was doing tonight....

So since we got Mom & Dad the big screen tv for Christmas, I decided they needed HDTV, to take full advantage of the screen size. Their cable provider isn't offering HD, so I hooked them up with Dish, which is what I have.

What was I thinking??? Today, Dad was home watching tv, and something went wrong. All that was on the screen was a message "weak or lost signal" or something like that. So Donna called me and asked me to call Lyndon who was over at their house trying to fix it. While I'm talking to Mom, Lyndon talks to Lance who calls Temple, who gives ideas. I'm googling, we can't figure it out. You would have thought someone's pacemaker quit, the way we were all scrambling around.

Anyway, Donna also called Kristin, who stopped by and within 20 minutes, figured it out. (She had to push the "source" button on the side of the tv and select "component 1" - in case it ever happens again and Kristin isn't available.)

Whew!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

And, of course, while I was trying to fix their tv, they were going back and forth to the back bedroom to watch a basketball game. Once I got the tv fixed, they were not interested in chit chat, they had a game to watch. So, basically, after the tv was fixed, they had no need for me!!!

Vicki said...

Um, I'm pretty sure it was a bowl game - which is football. But we get the point!